Arachnid Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eeep! I've been bitten by the Tarantula bug again :(

+4
Sage999
Lisa Baines
Teeny
MissMoose
8 posters

Go down

Eeep! I've been bitten by the Tarantula bug again :( Empty Eeep! I've been bitten by the Tarantula bug again :(

Post by MissMoose 2009-07-21, 15:35

I may have sort of bought maybe 5 T's in 2 days Embarassed Embarassed

In my defense, One of them isnt for me! And they were all things I've wanted for ages and [more excuses] etc.

I've got (on the way) E. truculentus(for the OH), P. Murinus (RCF), C. cyaneopubescens (thanks to Peter No1 ), A. geniculata and a B. smithi as well as a freebie Chile Rose (not sure if that means rosea or porteri, guess i'll find out on the day!) and a mystery thing that could be anything!

Soooo, anyone else splurged and bought something with too many legs and no endo skeleton recently, or have i just gone a but payday mad? rabbit
MissMoose
MissMoose

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-30

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=559060353&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Eeep! I've been bitten by the Tarantula bug again :( Empty Re: Eeep! I've been bitten by the Tarantula bug again :(

Post by Teeny 2009-07-22, 01:50

There is nothing wrong with that. I tend to not buy any for ages and now i am looking at a GBB coming today plus a pulchra and 3 roseas soon plus i am also kinda looking at a red knee and another l.para and a cobalt blue lol
Teeny
Teeny
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Eeep! I've been bitten by the Tarantula bug again :( Empty Re: Eeep! I've been bitten by the Tarantula bug again :(

Post by Lisa Baines 2009-07-22, 11:24

aye we go through phases!

bit strapped for cash at the moment but once scorpions have popped and some bambino's sold you just know there will be more additions

Then a show comes up and we end up with several carrier bags full of spids and scorps!
Lisa Baines
Lisa Baines
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMoose 2009-07-24, 10:14

Teeny wrote:There is nothing wrong with that. I tend to not buy any for ages and now i am looking at a GBB coming today plus a pulchra and 3 roseas soon plus i am also kinda looking at a red knee and another l.para and a cobalt blue lol
i'm glad it's not just me! Laughing
Lisa Baines wrote:aye we go through phases!

bit strapped for cash at the moment but once scorpions have popped and some bambino's sold you just know there will be more additions

Then a show comes up and we end up with several carrier bags full of spids and scorps!
i seem to end up doing that at shows...Hamm was the worst! Came back with things i'd never even thought of keeping, but i saw them and went "ooooooh, i could do with one of those..."
MissMoose
MissMoose

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-30

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=559060353&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage999 2009-07-25, 23:26

I've managed to steer clear of adding to my collection for some time now. But all of a sudden I feel that I may need another couple of arboreals to my wish list.
Sage999
Sage999

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty 2009-07-26, 21:18

I'm plotting! =D

When I get a bit of coin I'll be working towards rebuilding my collection again (thank fork, it's been hell having only four spiders sitting on my shelf).

You know about my crappy problems I was having at home Moose, but it's been sorted for a while & I'm now pretty positive that I won't need to up sticks & shove off somewhere, so it's cool to get overrun by spids again. Very Happy

So I totally understand, & I reckon I'llbe making a similar thread in a week-ish. =]

Matty

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by corpselight 2009-07-28, 10:33

i know the feeling too...am starting to need clearing out but that is happening soon so all is good!
and that won't stop the stupid purchases of more spiders/snakes/scorpions either hahaha

corpselight
Arachnoholic Member
Arachnoholic Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral 2009-07-30, 02:48

I just cant help myself,
I am going to be building extra shelves to I have more room to put some more,

they are so fascinating, I can sit in my spider room and watch them for hours.

at the moment I am looking to pair up most of the adults I have so I can breed lots more Smile

I know I know I am hooked Spider

Astral

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by corpselight 2009-07-30, 02:51

it's just that sort of thing...you want to collect as many as possible, they're interesting to learn about, all different, and fascinating to watch.
there is the scientific angle which is fun, the breeding and conservation angles...and just the fun of having unusual animals in your care! like a little piece of an exotic world on a shelf!
before you know it, you're an addict Very Happy

corpselight
Arachnoholic Member
Arachnoholic Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by george dobson 2009-08-08, 10:39

i once got 14 in 1 day lol, but 3 died due to unknown reasons, but they were slings , so there you go

george dobson

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down