Arachnid Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tarantula's for sale

+3
KJ Exotics
spit051261
dandydi
7 posters

Go down

Tarantula's for sale Empty Tarantula's for sale

Post by dandydi 2009-05-25, 08:41

P.Regalis adult female. This is one stunning spid. Unfortunately she can't be posted as I can't get her out her tank so she has to come with it. Its a triangle glass corner tank with a tiny door, just enough to get her food in through. It measures 17high x 9 x 12.
I'm asking £40 for her and her tank.

Tarantula's for sale PRegalis

E.Truculentus around 2inches. Lovey T. Can post at £6 RMSD £15
Tarantula's for sale ETruculentusChilebeautiful

Paraphysa sp "yellow" around 2.5inch another lovely T. Can post as above £15

Tarantula's for sale Paraphysa_sp_yellow3

Hidden cash or postal orders as I do NOT have paypal account

dandydi

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Tarantula's for sale Empty Re: Tarantula's for sale

Post by spit051261 2009-05-29, 23:59

how do you do tank maintenance if you can't get the pokie out?
paul
spit051261
spit051261

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KJ Exotics 2009-05-30, 10:59

spit051261 wrote:how do you do tank maintenance if you can't get the pokie out?
paul

Maybe they wait for it to hide, then do tank maintenance, which in my eyes a diffrent paul game to get getting the spider out to send.

KJ Exotics

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-03-18

http://www.kjexotics.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuma 2009-05-30, 15:57

Copied from another thread on another board

Packing pokies for postage and tank maintenance:
Packing pokies up for rehousing or maintenance is one of the main reasons people tend to steer clear of keeping them. They can be fast, defensive, and have a very potent bite - Not exactly a walk in the park. But if you pay attention and use a bit of common sense, you'll be fine. A particularly useful piece of kit for pokie maintenance is a pair of long tweezers, like these: Tweezers - 25cm Suppliers of Arachnids and other quality Invertebrates They would prove very useful for removing left overs or uneaten food, removing a water dish, or for nudging a pokie out of the way for one reason or another. Maintenance on slings is relatively easy. It would be advisable to perform any pokie maintenance in the bath. I find it easy to prompt the sling out of the tub and in to the bath with a pencil or somthing along those lines. As the sling tries to scale the sides of the bath, I place an empty cricket tub over the top of the sling, and gently slide the lid on from underneath. If I were packing the spider up for postage, I would fill an empty film tub 1/3rd of the way up with slightly moist tissue paper, open one corner of the cricket tub, and usher the spider out, and into the film tub. I would place a little more tissue paper on top of the spider so it's snug between both layers, and then close the film pot shut.

For pokies that are a couple of inches or so, I once again usher them out into the bath and quickly place an empty cricket tub on top of the spider, and sliding the lid on from underneath. For postage, do the same, but first of all pad the cricket tub wih some kitchen roll. Spray the tissue a little so that it sticks to the tub when you turn it upside down. when you have slid the lid on, take 2 sheets of kitchen roll and fold it a couple of times. Lift the cricket tub lid slightly, and using a pencil or some tweezers, slide the kitchen roll over the top of the spider for extra padding.

Sub adults and adults prove to be the most difficult for the majority of people. I personally find them the easiest to deal with. Attempting to pack them up in a cricket tub can prove awkward to say the least, I have found the easiest method is to use a large kitchen roll tube. Basically, pad one end of the tube with kitchen roll and sellotape it up. Using a pair of long tweezers, usher the pokie away from it's hide. When the pokie is out in the open, quickly remove it's hide, and replace it with the kitchen roll tube, stood upright with the open end up on top. After a while, the pokie will begin to look for cover, and sooner or later (usually sooner) the pokie will adopt the kitchen roll tube as it's new hide. Once it has done this, pad the open end up with kitchen roll, and sellotape it closed. The spider is then ready to be rehoused, posted, or put to one side for maintenance. once the spider is ready to be unpacked, just remove the sellotape from both ends. Place the tube in the spiders enclosure, and remove the kitchen roll from the tube closest to the substrate. Then using tweezers or something along those lines, gently push the kitchen roll from the top end, ushering the spider out of the other end. Nice and simple, with minimal stress to both the spider and the owner Even more simple if you're already using a kitchen roll tube as a hide anyway.

Hope this helps
Kuma
Kuma

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by spit051261 2009-05-30, 23:52

I would be tempted to try to break the glass to get it out......it can't stay there forever......
paul
spit051261
spit051261

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by stiggmatt 2009-05-31, 04:49

spit051261 wrote:I would be tempted to try to break the glass to get it out......it can't stay there forever......
paul

I wouldn't advise doing that at all, Injury to yourself or the spider may result from this , plus it would also be a big waste of a perfectly good piece of glass.
stiggmatt
stiggmatt
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by garlicpickle 2009-05-31, 16:25

At least there's no risk of it escaping!
garlicpickle
garlicpickle
Arachnoholic Member
Arachnoholic Member

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Gun 2009-05-31, 17:23

The pokie in question is being dropped off here tomorrow afternoon, it will be rehoused in a larger exo tomorrow night, so people don't need to worry about maintenance etc, with that said, can we get back on topic? Smile
Young_Gun
Young_Gun
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by stiggmatt 2009-05-31, 17:40

Young_Gun wrote:The pokie in question is being dropped off here tomorrow afternoon, it will be rehoused in a larger exo tomorrow night, so people don't need to worry about maintenance etc, with that said, can we get back on topic? Smile

Ah a man with initiative , and not a hammer lol
stiggmatt
stiggmatt
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down