Arachnid Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pokie advice needed

2 posters

Go down

pokie advice needed Empty pokie advice needed

Post by spit051261 2009-05-22, 23:48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
Need some pokie advice.
Have 4 fasciata living together....they were together when I got them.
I can see the biggest one...it is webbing around some cork.I have not seen the other 3 for a while so just now.....went searching around their tank (exo terra 18x18x24 with lots of plants and hidey holes) and thought I saw a leg by the plants so with long tweezers...I touched it and it seemed dead....turned out to be a shed from the smallest one.
What is the best way of finding them to check them and how will I know when they are due to shed.....
I have to put crickets in otherwise they eat each other.
ps....I do not want to get tagged can't afford time off work
Got a feeling I won't see them for months then all of a sudden 4 huge pokies will turn up

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

pokie advice needed Empty Re: pokie advice needed

Post by kingcobra 2009-06-14, 15:59

you have just illustrated yourself why i personally dont like the idea of communal pokies,other than space saving, there are no real advantages and a helluva lot of disadvantages,like getting tagged as you got more than one to watch out for when working in the tank,most pokies are fairly secretive and primarily nocturnal, so unless you are an insomniac you are unlikely to see much interaction either.
in all likelihood you probably wont see them much otherwise.
kingcobra
kingcobra

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down