Arachnid Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breeding P. murinus

4 posters

Go down

Breeding P. murinus Empty Breeding P. murinus

Post by MissMoose 2009-07-21, 16:01

I have neeever bred T's before but i was told these guys are easy and i have been offered a male when my AF arrives this week.

So, some kind of walk through/tips/tricks/advice would be muuuuchly appreciated if anyone fancies it? Just so i can decide whether to risk getting my face eaten or not Laughing
MissMoose
MissMoose

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-30

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=559060353&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Breeding P. murinus Empty Re: Breeding P. murinus

Post by manic 2009-07-21, 16:33

I only know from what I have heard about the P. murinus, they are supposed to be quite easy to breed and funny enough their aggression seems to go at this time too. But you can still lose a male if the female decides he looks tastier as a meal. I have a male P. murinus on a 50/50 now and things seem to be going good and they are communal at the moment. However she did munch the first male I sent so guess she fancied his brother more Laughing I guess all breeding is chance for us, the T's just do what comes naturally. Go ahead and give it a go it's a great T experience, I have bred a few this year and still get very stressed something will happen but I have been lucky so far and only lost one male.
manic
manic

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by manic 2009-07-21, 16:35

I only know from what I have heard the P. murinus, they are supposed to be quite easy to breed and funny enough their aggression seems to go at this time too. But you can still lose a male if the female decides he looks tastier as a meal. I have a male P. murinus on a 50/50 now and things seem to be going good and they are communal at the moment. However she did munch the first male I sent so guess she fancied his brother more Laughing I guess all breeding is chance for , the T's just do what comes naturally. Go ahead and give it a go it's a great T experience, I have bred a few this year and still get very stressed something will happen but I have been lucky so far and only lost one male.
manic
manic

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by alienmarky 2009-07-22, 03:10

1 - Feed the female up a bit beforehand
2 - Job male in
3 - Eat tea / watch tarantula pr0n
4 - Retrieve male

Worked for me Very Happy
alienmarky
alienmarky

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke 2009-07-22, 04:53

When i mated my 2 females it could not of been easier, both females were mated 3 times each and inserts were seen everytime. Only once did 1 of the females run after the male but that was her 3rd mating with him. The only hard part would be getting the male in her enclosure but my male was a nice one so i had no problems Laughing, Make sure he doesnt freak tho because if he runs into the female he will prob become lunch Shocked. I only got 1 eggsac that resulted in 18 spiderlings which im keeping for myself lol, the other female dropped too but sadly the sac was full of mites and she died a couple hours after we took the bad sac, she held onto life for her sac Sad.

You only need to breed them once if you see inserts but the male i had was old and the owner didn't want him back so i just kept tryin to see if he still had his man jucie left Laughing

Here are some pics of a mating with the female that produced the good sac Smile.
Breeding P. murinus IMG_2803
Breeding P. murinus IMG_2808
Breeding P. murinus IMG_2810

Good luck ! cheers
Luke
Luke
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMoose 2009-07-24, 10:22

Thanks everyone! I would have given it a go if the seller hadnt effectively done a runner with my money!
MissMoose
MissMoose

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-30

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=559060353&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke 2009-07-24, 11:17

OMG Evil or Very Mad
Is he on the rfuk ?
Luke
Luke