Arachnid Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B albopilosum hiding away

4 posters

Go down

B albopilosum hiding away Empty B albopilosum hiding away

Post by Jennifer 2009-05-27, 06:07

I got a sweet little B albopilosum juv from the BTS. When I got him home I re-housed him into a larger tub with a half flower pot hide. Last week he ate two crickets and was moving around a lot, especially digging up the substrate. On Sunday night he decided to go in his flower pot and plug the entrance up with substrate, I have not seen any trace of him since then. I'm leaving him and his pot well alone because he could be moulting in there for all I know. I hope he emerges from his hide soon. If he is going to moult in there I hope he will be OK.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

B albopilosum hiding away Empty Re: B albopilosum hiding away

Post by alienmarky 2009-05-27, 06:15

I'm sure he's fine - mine did that and didn't see her for 3 weeks or so. When she reappeared she was alot bigger and gorgeously coloured Very Happy
alienmarky
alienmarky

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Gun 2009-05-27, 15:52

They can do it when they are moved also, not for a moult, just limit the size of the enclosure in their eyes so they feel safer, just bear with it, should appear eventually one way or the other Smile
Young_Gun
Young_Gun
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer 2009-05-28, 02:27

I do agree it's best to leave him in there. I have been leaving his enclosure well alone for the past few days. His temp and humidity are fine, and he ate two crickets last week. It's a bit worrying for me but I think it would be unfair to disturb his little burrow. I just have to leave him to do his own thing.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post by corpselight 2009-05-28, 09:27

it's pretty much what i'd expect in the wild, to be honest...i'm surprised we ever see our spiders given how secretive they can be.
they don't really like being visible, because in their little minds they think anything watching them is out for a meal! lol

of course that does us keepers no favours, hard to check the health of something that is never visible lol

corpselight
Arachnoholic Member
Arachnoholic Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer 2009-05-29, 13:12

When I checked his tub this evening I noticed he has been doing some construction work today digging and webbing a side entrance under the pot. I can just see him if I look through some tiny holes on the pot, so at least I know he is OK. It's a cool looking burrow.
Jennifer
Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down