Arachnid Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Do You Keep T's ?

+14
Sage999
MissMoose
ianandlorr
kingcobra
RaeRae
!Steve!
Lisa Baines
MzHunny
stiggmatt
Jennifer
Admin
iiisecondcreep
corpselight
Luke02
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Do You Keep T's ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Do You Keep T's ?

Post by Luke02 2009-06-12, 20:33

corpselight wrote:i'd beef up the humidity to 80-85% really, they are a humid species.
even if it's Cyclosternum pentalore in reality, as they have been sold as fasciatum up til recently.

Wink
Luke02
Luke02
Arachnoholic Member
Arachnoholic Member

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcobra 2009-06-14, 12:29

when iwas a kid i was not allowed any pets,well i was offered a dog, but when i was asked what species, i replied i wanted a canadian timber wolf,so one thick ear leter,and no pet,i took myself to the cinema to watch the rather "boys own" and corny the lost world (the one with the monitor lizards with plasticene stuck on, and michael rennie in it as roxborough. i dreamed of discovering such a lost world with huge spiders and dinosaurs,but of course like many other juvenile dreams it got submerged in the stinking cesspit of modern corporate,politically correct,profit orientated, throw away society.where you are only a success if you can trample all over everybody else.
then in 1995 i picked up a book by ann webb on tarantulas,i could identify with it and ann's love and fascination of the tarantulas,and although it was t.f.h. publications and therefore full of glaring inaccurracies, eg. the "tarantula hawk wasp" (funny looks like plain old vesparis vulgaris to me!lol!) i was well and truly hooked and my first acquired b.albopilosa sonn got added to, and thanks to invaluable help from matthew at "custom aquaria",i was now totally hooked, and even an absence of a few years recovering from a heartbreakink marital collapse has not diminished my love of taratulas.
kingcobra
kingcobra

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ianandlorr 2009-07-24, 15:07

I/we keep T's because up to last year we were arachniphobics!!!! My daughters boyfried who then worked at our local reptile store got me to hold a honduran curly hair and I was hooked, Hubby is now holding some of our calmer T's we have 25 in all ranging from G. rosea to Salmon Pink Bird Eater ( which I bought him for his Fathers day prezzie this year) it is still a juvie so is only 4 inches atm and we know she has a lot of growing to do!!!! but that is not all the pets we have a huge white german sheppard (Blizzard) 5 cats, 2 rats, 1 Leopard gecko, 1 parrot , 1 female iggy, 2 fire bellied toads and a fire salamander plus 4 kids lol. So we have ahouse full lol. So call it madness or plain craziness but I love my T's I love everything about them they all have different personalities and I love to educate people and the kids at our ocal school about them, we have taken them to school twice now and the kids/teachers love it. I suppose it saves them money as theywould have to pay to take them on a school trip to a zoo etc to see them and not really find out about them individually. So there you have it one animal mad family, and btw my T collection won't stop at 25 lol.
ianandlorr
ianandlorr

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMoose 2009-07-25, 03:55

I used to be absolutely terrified of spiders/t's in all forms. I would actually throw up if i was in a room with one, but then when i joined another forum i saw there was a spider section and started reading and looking at pictures and i got more and more interested. Then someone bought me a Chile Rose sling and she was so damn cute i ended up with loads of the bastards Laughing
MissMoose
MissMoose

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-30

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=559060353&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage999 2009-07-25, 23:23

I simply find them fascinating and beautiful. Another advantage is that you can provide them with an almost natural habitat that takes up very little room. I have always been drawn to the underdogs of the pet world and lets face it, the general public's perception of them makes them a real underdog.
Sage999
Sage999

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by xXxLynnxXx 2009-08-06, 09:33

Up until early last year i had always been petrified off spiders ...i never forget my brother chasing me round someones house with a teggie and i was cowered in the corner screaming !!!!!
However they have always intrigued me and i always used to say to myself 'i wish i could get over my fear'!
So one evening last year we had friends round for drinks and my friends partner asked if he could bring his best friend round too so i said okay no probs.... turns out he kept T's so i asked him if he could bring one round the following weekend and he did.
Well one by one people took turns in holding Rosie (a G rosea ) and im thinking if i dont do it i will kick myself and everyone will think im a wuss! so i downed another glass of wine and took the plunge! she was absolutley stunning and ive been hooked ever since and now have around 130 in my collection Smile
xXxLynnxXx
xXxLynnxXx

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by george dobson 2009-08-08, 04:28

4 words
because they are awsome Very Happy

george dobson

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan99 2009-08-16, 14:45

BECAUSE I WAS BORED! LOL

I keep spiders because thay are AMAZING Soo fun watching them catch prey.
Dan99
Dan99

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke02 2009-08-16, 14:49

Dan99 wrote:BECAUSE I WAS BORED! LOL

lol! at least your honest.

O and keep your answers coming this thread has worked out realy well thank you all for taking part cheers .
Luke02
Luke02
Arachnoholic Member
Arachnoholic Member

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke 2009-08-16, 15:45

george dobson wrote:4 words
because they are awsome Very Happy

Could not of said that better myself Laughing
Luke
Luke
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum