Arachnid Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B.Vagans moulted into a male

4 posters

Go down

B.Vagans moulted into a male Empty B.Vagans moulted into a male

Post by MissCat 2009-05-19, 01:41

The B.vagans i sold to my brother (got from the spidershop.com about 2yrs ago) just moulted into a male, which i am marginally peeved about as i now have to get him a new one Sad
so basically i have a male B.Vagans.
what do i do with it lol.
never had a male before. some people told me just to bung it in the freezer, others have told me to get a female (cant aford one so nope) someone else told me to see if anyone want's to buy him.
any suggestions as to what would be best here?
i have no idea how to breed Tarantulas, it's never been an interest of mine Sad
MissCat
MissCat

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-14

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1230650262

Back to top Go down

B.Vagans moulted into a male Empty Re: B.Vagans moulted into a male

Post by MissCat 2009-05-19, 02:20

i ought to point out that i have no intention of freezing him, it was just said to me on another forum that i should either breed or freeze him, as it would be "kinder" to him, though i fail to see how...
Also, i was asked on ANOTHER forum why i have such a downer on him being male.
It's purely personal choice, from an aesthetic point of view i prefer the look of females, and the longevity of life they have in comparison.
I have ZERO experience with males, i dont know if they go "loopy" if they dont mate (something else i was told they can do) i dont know what is best. if it's best that i keep him as i would a female for the length of his life, then that is what i will do Wink
MissCat
MissCat

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-14

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1230650262

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Gun 2009-05-19, 08:47

Offer him for a breeding loan, people will probably be able to use him, make sure you send him to someone you know or someone who can be vouched for by someone you know/trust, you pack your male up, send it to them, they breed him with their female and if everything goes to plan you get 50% of the resulting slings from the eggsac.

I have a female Vagans that is in pre-moult at the minute and would need a male once she is done if you don't find someone in the meantime.
Young_Gun
Young_Gun
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Emily 2009-05-21, 05:13

I don't see what's wrong with males! They look the same, just a bit leggier haha, and more often are much more brightly coloured!

You wont have to get your brother a new one any time soon, I would expect him to live for another couple of years. I can't believe anyone would suggest putting him in the freezer, yes the male will spend a lot of the time roaming round the cage looking for a female, but if this bothers you then you can lend him to someone who has a female like Young_Gun said. I personally love males, I find they are more docile than females, and cuter haha.
Emily
Emily

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by manic 2009-05-24, 17:48

I think that loaning him or selling him if you do not want a male, keeping him should not really be any problems either. I like the males as I have enough females I want to breed, the males can go off on loan(s) and I can end up with a few slings the easy way if all goes well. Very Happy
manic
manic

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down