Arachnid Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Projects :D

Go down

New Projects :D Empty New Projects :D

Post by Admin 2009-08-06, 09:42

Hey guys, Some of you probably know I'm getting more and more into Centipedes Very Happy

Anyways, Scolopendra Mutilans are a communal species and I managed to get my hands on quite a few. Got 10, 5 Red Legs and 5 Yellow Legs and they arrive today. They are 12cm + Out of the 10, 6 are unsexed and 4 are females.

I'm trying them in two communal groups atm, one group of the reds and one group of the yellows. Each group has a 64 L rub, good ventilation and a good few inches of substrate, along with a few hides. I was told to keep them together for 40-60 days, then seperate each of them and raise the temps. Hopefully in the not too distant future I may have some pedelings that I have bred Razz

So far, so good.. it may be the first day but still no hostility atm with them and most seem relatively laid back. Theres a chance of cannabilism, like with any communal groups example Poecilotheria. But I'm hoping I dont have any deaths.

I took some pictures also, enjoy Very Happy

Red Legs:

New Projects :D ScolopendraMutilansRY001

New Projects :D ScolopendraMutilansRY002

New Projects :D ScolopendraMutilansRY003

Yellow Legs:

New Projects :D ScolopendraMutilansRY005

New Projects :D ScolopendraMutilansRY006

Sorry the pictures aren't amazing, they hid pretty quick so I couldn't get many lol.

Peter.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2009-03-08

http://www.arachnidaddicts.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum