Arachnid Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How often do you disturb your T's?

+3
Zero
Mutley.100
Gaboon
7 posters

Go down

How often  do you disturb your T's? Empty How often do you disturb your T's?

Post by Gaboon 2009-06-05, 15:56

Hello,

I ask this as my P. cambridgei has just shed in amongst its web and I want to get it out so I can try to sex it.

Also, Is it a good idea to do this anyway? And for what other reasons would you pull all their hard work apart?

Cheers Very Happy
Gaboon
Gaboon

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

How often  do you disturb your T's? Empty Re: How often do you disturb your T's?

Post by Mutley.100 2009-06-05, 16:11

If you can get the shed without bothering it go for it , but if it's next to or on the shed I'm afraid you'll have to wait and hope it doesn't destroy it till after the T's dried out .
Mutley.100
Mutley.100

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

How often  do you disturb your T's? Empty Re: How often do you disturb your T's?

Post by Gaboon 2009-06-05, 16:20

Her and the skin are close together and surrounded by web.

So after the T is dried out its OK to disturb to get to the skin? If so, how long would this this drying out period take?
Gaboon
Gaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero 2009-06-05, 16:26

You have forceps? I actually try to get the molt out ASAP so its still easy to unfold and less likely to break. My Ts seem to have been alright with this.

Do as little damage as possible, but it'll just re-web if you mess up its home Razz
Zero
Zero

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaboon 2009-06-05, 16:31

I do and you make a good point but the web is very thick and between slanted cork bark and the back of the enclosure, not easily accessible even with forceps.
Gaboon
Gaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaboon 2009-06-05, 16:39

Just managed to take it out Smile

Thanks for your help
Gaboon
Gaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke02 2009-06-06, 06:25

Not that much to be honest,only when it's feeding time or for a quick clean out but as for the moult's if I see them standing over or eating thier moult I would just leave them to it but as soon as they turn their back's im in with the twezzer's like lightning Laughing .
Luke02
Luke02
Arachnoholic Member
Arachnoholic Member

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaboon 2009-06-06, 07:05

Cool, ive moved it now but may leave it next time. The abdomen is broken which is a pain as I wanted to sex it.

Ahh well! I will try to get a pic up and probably post it here for opinions on its sex.
Gaboon
Gaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke02 2009-06-06, 07:10

Gaboon wrote:Cool, ive moved it now but may leave it next time. The abdomen is broken which is a pain as I wanted to sex it.

Ahh well! I will try to get a pic up and probably post it here for opinions on its sex.

O it's a right pain when that happen's plus your best bet would be to post the moult and the underside of the T on the forum for a sexing ID Wink .
Luke02
Luke02
Arachnoholic Member
Arachnoholic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaboon 2009-06-06, 07:26

Hmmm, I will let her fully recover and see what I can do. It may be possible to rehydrate the molt with steam Smile
Gaboon
Gaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke02 2009-06-06, 07:34

Gaboon wrote:Hmmm, I will let her fully recover and see what I can do. It may be possible to rehydrate the molt with steam Smile

I normaly just spray it with some water from the sprayer that I use on the T tanks then leave it in a tube for a few min's then it should be soft enough plus it depend's on the size of the moult Wink .
Luke02
Luke02
Arachnoholic Member
Arachnoholic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaboon 2009-06-06, 08:08

Just had a little look at it and I think its two far gone as the cast of the sex organs is to badly damaged. Grr. Will have to wait a month or so to get the next chance.
Gaboon
Gaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by stiggmatt 2009-06-06, 08:21

Just like the humans that cohabit with me ( Wife and the kids) I make sure they are all extremely disturbed all day by me. The Spiders once a week if they get in the way when spot cleaning.
stiggmatt
stiggmatt
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by xXxLynnxXx 2009-06-20, 11:48

As little as poss Smile

With the moults you will often find that they will chuck them out themselves (most of the time that is) spids are pretty cool at doing their own house work ...even the males Razz

I always put the dried up ones in a bowl of water give it a good soaking then lay it on some kitchen roll to soak up the excess then unravell and see what ive got

Lynn Smile
xXxLynnxXx
xXxLynnxXx

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Teeny 2009-06-21, 04:57

I only disturb if feeding, spot cleaning or having a quick check on the 'vanishers' ( the ones that i don't see for a while lol)
Teeny
Teeny
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum