Arachnid Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

breeding g.rosea help

2 posters

Go down

breeding g.rosea help Empty breeding g.rosea help

Post by ryan tidman 2009-05-20, 15:56

hi every one i need a bit of help if possable over the last 3 months i have been putting my male in with the female and he seems to have done his job what is the ideal temp for her to lay a sac also can you tell if she is gravid her abdomen is pear shaped any info will be very gratefull

ryan tidman

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

breeding g.rosea help Empty Re: breeding g.rosea help

Post by Admin 2009-05-20, 16:02

ryan tidman wrote:hi every one i need a bit of help if possable over the last 3 months i have been putting my male in with the female and he seems to have done his job what is the ideal temp for her to lay a sac also can you tell if she is gravid her abdomen is pear shaped any info will be very gratefull

I'm keeping my mated AF NCF Grammostola Rosea atm with no additional heat, its always hot in my room anyways..

By the way welcome to the forum mate, theres no certain way to tell tbh..

Although there is good signs that she is gravid, increased hungry and her abdomen getting bigger, becoming more aggressive..

Normally just before they lay a sac they web up the tank also, remember try to keep her in a quiet room as Rosea's are prone to eating sac's I belive.

Its my first time at breeding this species so I'm unsure how true this is, although I've heard of alot of eaten sac's..

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2009-03-08

http://www.arachnidaddicts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan tidman 2009-05-20, 16:09

hi she has stopped eating but is very active i dont use any extra heat the room is very warm also she is not aggresive is it true i hurd that the male will die after a succesfull mateing ?

ryan tidman

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2009-05-20, 16:14

ryan tidman wrote:hi she has stopped eating but is very active i dont use any extra heat the room is very warm also she is not aggresive is it true i hurd that the male will die after a succesfull mateing ?

Sometimes Grammostola Rosea do go on fasting periods, it must be that as its way to early for her to lay a sac with these its normally 6-8 months+ I've heard of 12 months +

Nope the male doesn't die after a successfull mating, apparently some times a male will offer himself to the female as if she eats him then they are mean't to produce a better sac, I've heard of better results about this but I'm unsure tbh..

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2009-03-08

http://www.arachnidaddicts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down