Arachnid Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SETTING UP NEW VIV FOR MY CHILLI ROSE.

2 posters

Go down

SETTING UP NEW VIV FOR MY CHILLI ROSE. Empty SETTING UP NEW VIV FOR MY CHILLI ROSE.

Post by exbury10 2009-04-12, 01:15

SETTING UP A 18X18X18IN GLASS VIV.WENT WITH A BIGGER VIV SO I COULD PUT MORE BARK,HIDES AND PLANTS IN IT.THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THE HUMIDITY IS 85 WELL THATS WHAT THE HUMIDITY GAUGE READS.THE SUBSTRATE IS A LITTLE MOIST BUT NOT DAMP TO TOUCH.WILL IT BE OK TO PUT OUR CHILLI IN NOW. confused

exbury10

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

SETTING UP NEW VIV FOR MY CHILLI ROSE. Empty Re: SETTING UP NEW VIV FOR MY CHILLI ROSE.

Post by DanHalen 2009-04-12, 03:29

To be honest mate, the spider will not "enjoy" extra bark, hides, or plants. A rosea would be fine in a much smaller tank with only one hide and a water dish. In my opinion, the tank is far too tall for a rosea - a fall from the top of the tank could very easily kill the spider. Please make sure that you have a very large amount of substrate in there to minimise the distance the spider can fall.

And in all likeliness, with the substrate being as damp as it is at the moment, the spider will do it's best to get away from it - in most cases, by climbing the sides of the tank. They like it nice and dry.
DanHalen
DanHalen
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

SETTING UP NEW VIV FOR MY CHILLI ROSE. Empty point taken

Post by exbury10 2009-04-12, 04:25

DanHalen wrote:To be honest mate, the spider will not "enjoy" extra bark, hides, or plants. A rosea would be fine in a much smaller tank with only one hide and a water dish. In my opinion, the tank is far too tall for a rosea - a fall from the top of the tank could very easily kill the spider. Please make sure that you have a very large amount of substrate in there to minimise the distance the spider can fall.

And in all likeliness, with the substrate being as damp as it is at the moment, the spider will do it's best to get away from it - in most cases, by climbing the sides of the tank. They like it nice and dry.
silent all taken onboard going to take it back and get another 12x12x12in and then dry the substrate out.cheers. Idea

exbury10

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

SETTING UP NEW VIV FOR MY CHILLI ROSE. Empty Re: SETTING UP NEW VIV FOR MY CHILLI ROSE.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down