Arachnid Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dwarf T's

5 posters

Go down

Dwarf T's Empty Dwarf T's

Post by Emmy-Lou 2009-03-22, 09:05

Hiya people! Might be a silly question but around about how many dwarf species of tarantula are there available in the hobby? Also if you kind people could post pics of your dwarf tarantulas and a little bit about them i.e. temperament etc that would be awesome. Thank you!!! Very Happy
Emmy-Lou
Emmy-Lou

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Dwarf T's Empty Re: Dwarf T's

Post by Admin 2009-03-22, 09:13

Emmy-Lou wrote:Hiya people! Might be a silly question but around about how many dwarf species of tarantula are there available in the hobby? Also if you kind people could post pics of your dwarf tarantulas and a little bit about them i.e. temperament etc that would be awesome. Thank you!!! Very Happy

Hi Emma,

There is quite a few some common ones are : Cyriocosmus elegans, Davus fasciatus etc.
I have one Hemericus sp Guyana thats adult I got it from Lee a while back, theres not many about as hes the only importer from Guyana I belive.
Its really quick and quite nasty, tiny though.. eats well and is a burrower so its a shame I dont get to see it much Sad

Regards,

Peter.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2009-03-08

http://www.arachnidaddicts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy-Lou 2009-03-22, 09:26

That’s cool Very Happy I was going to get one of those from the spidershop too but they had gone by the time I was going to buy it Crying or Very sad How big would you say yours is atm? Shame it’s a burrower aye. I own a C elegans and they are so cute with that little heart shape on its bootie hehe I’m quite lucky in the fact that its made its burrow at the side of the container so I can always see it. Do you know the sex of your Hemericus sp. Guyana?
Emmy-Lou
Emmy-Lou

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2009-03-22, 09:30

Emmy-Lou wrote:That’s cool Very Happy I was going to get one of those from the spidershop too but they had gone by the time I was going to buy it Crying or Very sad How big would you say yours is atm? Shame it’s a burrower aye. I own a C elegans and they are so cute with that little heart shape on its bootie hehe I’m quite lucky in the fact that its made its burrow at the side of the container so I can always see it. Do you know the sex of your Hemericus sp. Guyana?

As I dont think they were selling well, he said to a friend of mine that hes not getting any more in.
Suprised they didn't sell well tbh for only £7 each for adults, he said there wasen't many males and someone came and got them for breedng projects so im assuming mine must be female Very Happy

Kind Regards,

Peter.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy-Lou 2009-03-22, 09:34

That would be great if yours turns out to be female peter. How long on average do the females live for in this species? I’m assuming it may be different compared to say a female B. smithi’s lifespan?
Emmy-Lou
Emmy-Lou

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2009-03-22, 09:37

Emmy-Lou wrote:That would be great if yours turns out to be female peter. How long on average do the females live for in this species? I’m assuming it may be different compared to say a female B. smithi’s lifespan?

Aye it would be Smile
Tbh I have no idea as said they are new to the hobby so no one could really say as theres no cb either atm.
Hopefully I get a few years from her/ him anyways.
Btw I have a pic its not great as my camera wasen't working at the time so I used my phone.. shows how small it is though lol..

Dwarf T's Hemericusspguyana002

Regards,

Peter.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy-Lou 2009-03-22, 09:42

Awww what a cutie! Didn’t expect it to be that small lol Darn it, I knew I should have bought one Evil or Very Mad Thanks for the pic Very Happy
Emmy-Lou
Emmy-Lou

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2009-03-22, 09:45

Emmy-Lou wrote:Awww what a cutie! Didn’t expect it to be that small lol Darn it, I knew I should have bought one Evil or Very Mad Thanks for the pic Very Happy

Aye tis quite cute lol Very Happy
A friend of mine bought around 30 so should be breeding them if all goes well I can send you his details if you wish Smile

Regards,

Peter.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy-Lou 2009-03-22, 09:49

That would be awesome peter, thank you. Lets hope it all goes well for him, would be good to get these little guys popular in the hobby Wink
Emmy-Lou
Emmy-Lou

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2009-03-22, 09:57

Emmy-Lou wrote:That would be awesome peter, thank you. Lets hope it all goes well for him, would be good to get these little guys popular in the hobby Wink

Its no problem at all Smile
He's on here called "Rikimaku666" give him a pm and he will keep you upto date if you wll be interested in some slings Very Happy
We definately need more of these in the hobby, atm I have paired a few species that are quite uncommon so hoping it goes successfull..

I have the real Avicularia Braunshauseni which is hard to get hold of as the Avic genus is messed up.. theres tons of hybrids my female is mated.
Also got a pair of Avicularia sp Kwitara and the females mated, as theres no CB about atm but a few people breeding these now there should be lots about this year Very Happy

Kind Regards,

Peter.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee 2009-03-25, 10:12

Wow.. Good to see a friendly forum unlike the warzone at RFUK.

I could probably come up with a couple of those Hemericus things, give me a call. We have a lot of dwarf species arriving next week.

Cheers

Lee

Lee

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2009-03-25, 10:17

Lee wrote:Wow.. Good to see a friendly forum unlike the warzone at RFUK.

I could probably come up with a couple of those Hemericus things, give me a call. We have a lot of dwarf species arriving next week.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks I made it for that reason tbh quite alot of the forums are getting pretty bitchy tbh for some reason..

Regards,

Peter.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by garlicpickle 2009-03-25, 10:40

That's actually really cute! I want one now.
garlicpickle
garlicpickle
Arachnoholic Member
Arachnoholic Member

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by selina20 2009-03-25, 11:59

Hey we have a couple of dwarf Ts.

First up is our Davus who we think is male:
Dwarf T's DSC_0686

Dwarf T's DSC_0683

Next up is one that i found at a meet. Shes a Bonnetina rudloffi not seen any of these in the hobby in the UK:
Dwarf T's DSC_0497

Dwarf T's DSC_0499
selina20
selina20
Arachnoholic Member
Arachnoholic Member

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content